The People’s National Convention (PNC) has sacked its 2020 Presidential candidate, David Apasera, and its National Chairman, Moses Danibaah, from office.
This follows an extraordinary National Executive Committee meeting that saw the party overturn the suspension of its General Secretary, Janet Nabla.
The meeting was held on Tuesday, September 7, 2021, in Kumasi in the Ashanti Region.
This was on the back of a petition from Madam Nabila, the Ashanti Regional Youth Organiser of the party, Muniru Mohammed; and the party’s Communications Director for the North East Region Memuna Yidana.
Present at the meeting were nine regional chairmen and secretaries, some national officers as required by law.
The National Vice Chairman, Henry Asante and Sam Adeifio (the Central Regional Secretary) were present virtually via Zoom.
The Greater Accra Regional Chairman, Bala Maikankan has since been sworn in as the acting national chairman.
Read the full communique below:
COMMUNIQUE AT THE END OF THE EXTRAORDINARY PNC NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (NEC) MEETING HELD IN KUMASI, 7TH DAY OF SEPTEMBER, 2021
- Pursuant to Article 45(1a) of the PNC constitution, NEC met in Kumasi extraordinarily, to address recent disturbing occurrences in the party and to make a determination on a petition brought before NEC by the General Secretary; Janet Asana Nabla, the Ashanti Regional Youth Organizer; Muniru Mohammed and the Communication Director of North East; Mamuna Yidana.
- Present at the meeting were nine (9) regional chairmen and secretaries, some national officers as required by law. National Vice Chairman Henry Asante and Sam Adeifio (the Central Regional Secretary) were present virtually via Zoom.
- NEC judiciously deliberated on recent occurrences in the party and resolved as follows:
- That the NEC meeting of 28th August 2021 was not properly constituted pursuant to Article 45(3) and as such that meeting is null and void and its outcome must be treated with contempt.
- That NEC subjected the petition submitted by the three to very diligent scrutiny and upholds all the accusations as the truth. Consequently, Mr. David Apasera and Mr. Moses Danibaah are guilty of the accusations.
- That, they are removed from their respective offices pursuant to Article 49(a)(4) of PNC constitution for misconducting themselves as prescribed in the petition indefinitely.
- That in their absence, the Greater Accra Regional Chairman shall act as the National Chairman and Leader of the PNC.
- That the General Secretary is cleared to continue to conduct her function as stated in the constitution.