A self-acclaimed spiritualist has claimed he is the orchestrator of former Ghanaian international Micahel Essien’s sudden fall from grace.
According to him, he is responsible for all the challenges the former Chelsea midfielder faced during his career.
In a conversation with Arnold Mensah Elavanyo on Vibes in 5, the spiritualist said Michael Essien failed to honour his side of the bargain thus he unleashed spiritual impediments on him which resulted in his sudden fall as far as his footballing career was concerned.
“I manage about 50 Ghanaian footballers, some of whom are currently working abroad.”
“However, I was responsible for the demise of the players who did not value my services,” he explained.
“Essien promised to buy me a house in Accra if I helped him advance in his football career.”
He didn’t keep his promise, so I brought him down.”
Meanwhile, Michael Essien is regarded as one of the top African footballers of this generation with a largely successful career playing for giants like Chelsea, Real Madrid and AC Millan.
Therefore, it is quite weird for the spiritualist to claim he is responsible for Essien’s downfall especially when he is currently the assistant coach at Danish side Nordsjaelland.
Watch Video Below:
Today, December 3, 2020, marks the 38th birthday of Ghana’s and Africa’s finest footballer Michael Essien and following that the English Premier League has celebrated him.
Michael Essien’s move from Olympique Lyon to Chelsea in 2005 was the best Ghanaian and African football transfer until recently.
His move to Chelsea at a whopping £24.4 million was the highest bid for any African player at the time. Michela Essien’s move was not only a national moment in Ghana but it converted many local football-loving fans to Chelsea supporters.
On this day, the Premier League has shared a video clip that gives an account of one of his prolific yet stunning strikes that summarizes his footballing ability and prowess.
Some Quick Facts On Michael Essien
- Michael Kojo Essien is a Ghanaian footballer who was born on 3rd December 1982 at Accra Ghana. However, he is a fante from the Central Region.
- He had his primary and basic at the Gomoa Nyanyano DC Primary and JSS and high school education at the St. Augustine’s College in Cape Coast. He began his footballing career right after completion of high school.
- Essien started his career playing for Liberty Professionals in Ghana as a defensive midfielder who sometimes play in the attacking role. In 2000, he moved to France to join Bastia, where he would spend three seasons and appear in over 60 matches.
- He joined Ligue 1 title holders Lyon in 2003. At Lyon, Essien won back-to-back league titles in 2003–04 and 2004–05 and won Ligue 1 Player of the Year in 2005. During his five-year stint in France, he acquired French citizenship.
- In 2005, Essien signed with Premier League side Chelsea for a £24.4 million transfer fee and, at the time of his signing, was the most expensive African footballer in history.
- At Chelsea, Essien helped the club win the Premier League in 2006 and 2010, as well as three FA Cups and one League Cup.
- He won the UEFA Champions League in 2012, while also placing as runner up in the 2008 UEFA Champions League. He has won the Chelsea Goal of the Season award twice, in the 2006–07 and 2008–09 seasons.
- Essien is a former Ghanaian international. At youth level, he represented his country at the 1999 FIFA U-17 World Championship and 2001 FIFA World Youth Championship, with the latter team finishing as runner-up.
- Essien made his senior team debut in January 2002 and has represented his nation at three Africa Cup of Nations tournaments. Essien has also represented Ghana at the 2006 and 2014 FIFA World Cups with over 50 appearances.
- Michael Essien is currently player and the assistant of Danish Super Liga side FC Nordsjælland. However, he has played for various clubs large and small at the peak of his career including Bastia, Lyon, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Milan, Panathinaikos, Persib, Sabali etc…